Friday, January 05, 2007

Cherish

At my Sonorexia reunion performance last night I performed my "deconstructed" version of "Cherish," by the Association. I always hated that whiny, cloying song until I finally understood the subtext which, I now realize, was not very subliminal after all.

"Cherish" is not included on my Soundclick page because that site is limited to original material. I am now making a download of the track available here, with plenty of time to spare for Valentine's Day.

Personnel:

Peter Cherches - Vocal
Elliott Sharp - Guitar, Bass
Lee Feldman - Keyboard
Kate O'Looney - Drums

Note: this file is no longer available as of March 7, 2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I give up. What's the subtext to "Cherish"? I just read the lyrics and any subtext that might be there eludes me. Even I, with my very pedestrian tastes, despise the Association's work.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Peter Cherches said...

Maybe it never was a subtext after all--just a schmaltzy tune fighting the pathological lyrics.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you got Cherish mixed with the infamous Along Came Mary, their oh so cool song which is not about marijuana according to http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1877, but is about "The Warning." The what??

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home