Monday, March 12, 2007

Found Spam Poem

Which as populist
in michigan in shafer
As a mitochondria
Be a esther
Not do preachy
An minsky no weyerhauser
do propylene it sensate
Of saunders as marlboro
A as westchester
Not shank on desperado
I be radiochemical

My so prep
Are a intended
structural or do well
on timber
And unilateral my nomogram
Which conformal my capacitate
Timing
of citizen
allocation as
Of in library

But go prevalent
it so promethean


* * *

This represents a snapshot of the subject headers in my bulk mail box, in sequential order. The only editing on my part was to add the stanza breaks.

I just don't get it. At least 90% of my junk emails have these weird asyntactical subject headers. Most of them are promoting junk stocks. I hardly ever get spam for "Generic V18gra" any more. What's the deal? Who would open them in the first place (besides a blogger who needs to know what's inside his found poem fodder)? And once opened what kind of idiot would buy the penny stock being pushed?

By the way:

Get it before the RUSH!!!

Word of Mouth

Target sym: WOFM
Price (current): $0.15
5 Day Target price: $0.75
Action: Strong Buy/Hold..

All signs show that this one is going to Explode..

I'll stake my reputation on this one!

* * *
Believe it or not, there is actually a fantasy blog stock market website out there, blogshares.com. Word of Mouth, it appears, has one shareholder.

Surely people have better things to do with their time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an okay game for some, but fair warning - if you're disabled, if English is your second language, or if you ever outwit one of the administrators (who also play the game - talk about conflict of interest)...just watch out.

There is an abundance of verbal abuse at Blogshares, and the administrators not only condone it, they often join in.

I quit trying to play last year after I saw them light into a Portuguese man trying to talk on their forum. I told them to take my blog off their listing.

I heard just recently that they had a heyday taunting a woman who tried to help her disabled daughter play.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Douglas Cress said...

I get Spam Mail quoting Peter De Vries.
_______________

The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds - they mature slowly.

The teacher, like the artist and the philosopher, can perform his work adequately only if he feels himself to be an individual directed by an inner creative impulse, not dominated and fettered by an outside authority.

He is great who is what he is from nature, and who never reminds us of others, I can feel the wind go by when I run. It feels good. It feels fast.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mother and daughter in question knowingly disobeyed the rules to get ahead in the game. You can read all of the logs and the posts on the Blogshares Forums.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home