Monday, February 02, 2009

Mung Being is Cooking, and My Knish is in the Oven

The latest issue Mung Being is online, and the subject is food. Mung Being is a multimedia arts journal, and every issue has a theme. I'm appearing in Mung Being for the third consecutive issue, and I must thank editor Mark Givens for his loyalty, not to mention his good taste. I've published in scores of places over the years, in print and online, and every once in a while I connect with an editor who displays a trust in my work that would be the envy of any writer, or at least any writer who isn't in it for the money. In the past I've been fortunate to have such writer-editor relationships with Robley Wilson at North American Review, and with Joel Rose and Catherine Texier of Between C & D, which I wrote about in my memoir of the heyday of downtown.

My contribution to the current issue of Mung Being is the tale of a knish that clearly represents something other than a knish, though I have no idea what that something other might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home